Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cable #2 Review

CABLE #2
Written by Duane Swierczynski
Art by Ariel Olivetti

I didn't like issue one and I knew I wouldn't like this one, either, but I had to know how Bishop survived Messiah Complex and how he managed to find Cable in the myriad possibilities of the future. I'll say it now. I wish had I never bought this book and it doesn't deserve to even be on the shelf.

Bishop cauterized the missing arm wound on Sunfire's flaming body. This was the only rather intelligent solution in this and makes a bit of sense. From here, he picks up a gun, lines up with Cable to shoot him and the events from Messiah Complex play out. It was pretty funny seeing the artist draw Xavier and Cyclops off to the side as Cable is teleporting and the next panel with Xavier with a bullet in his head. Bad aim or Xavier just jumped in the way? I'll go with bad art.

After Cyclops shoots Bishop with his optic blast, Bishop dusts himself off and starts walking from Muir Island all the way back to America to break into Forge's lab. Let's not forget he just did this a few issues ago in MC and Forge is up and about like nothing happened and didn't bother setting up any security to prevent the exact same thing from happening. But, hey, Bishop shoots him in the back again and pillages his lab for a new arm. Yes, Forge has a wall of random cybernetic arms, conveniently labelled and ready for someone to equip to their recently removed arm. They're all right arms as well.

Bishop takes the Nuclear-Powered Battle-Ready Arm (batteries not included) and, with his complete lack of scientific knowledge, jury rigs a time travel device to his Nuclear-Powered Battle-Ready Arm. A time machine. The time travelling only works from the place you travel from, so he went back to Muir Island and kept leaping ahead in time, I assume daily, although it lists a few random years, until he finds a can of condensed baby milk in the rubble. This tells him Cable is in this time and he just starts tracking him through a convenient set of clues. When he finally catches up to Cable, he finds out he left the diner from last issue the day before. Bishop just jumps back in time a day and waits for him. That's how he got the jump on Cable. A billion different time travel jumps from his Nuclear-Powered Battle-Ready Arm.

Oh, and the new arm isn't the only thing Bishop has. His mutant power to absorb energy? Well, he can now use that to lift 18 wheeler trucks into the air and drop them on top of Cable. Cable's solution to get out of the way was to try and time jump, himself, but his is conveniently broken.

Terrible story, terrible art, horrendous dialogue and the most retarded explanations ever imaginable and time travel logic that makes my head spin make this one of the worst books I've ever read. Why didn't Bishop just go back in time and kill the freaking baby's mother when no one was around? He knew where it took place. He could warp in, kill the mother and warp out, no fuss, no muss. Since when can you time travel at will like this? Why doesn't he just go into the future and double check and see if the girl kills everyone and is the anti-Christ he thinks it is? Why the million jumps to find Cable and these retarded plot twists? I give up. I could keep this up all day.

Verdict - Avoid It


Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out the Weekly Crisis - Comic Book Review Blog. Comments are always appreciated. You can sign in and comment with any Google, Wordpress, Live Journal, AIM, OpenID or TypePad account.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.