Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Green Arrow and Black Canary #4 Review

GREEN ARROW AND BLACK CANARY #4
Written by Judd Winick
Art by Cliff Chiang

By all accounts, I should hate this book. It has all the makings of a bad book, including some overly dramatic theatrics and poor characterization as well as basically aping a far superior story from Kevin Smith's run on Green Arrow.

However, I can't help but still enjoy this book. I like the characters and it's great seeing the Green Arrow family all back together in one book again. The opening bit with calling for help from Clark was a great scene, but, if you think about it too hard, it makes it seem like Superman is basically only listening for his close friends since he's not saving every single person that's calling for help around the world. So, while I like this book, I recognize it's a far cry from the greatest thing ever written.

Verdict - Check It.


Related Posts


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out the Weekly Crisis - Comic Book Review Blog. Comments are always appreciated. You can sign in and comment with any Google, Wordpress, Live Journal, AIM, OpenID or TypePad account.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.